Trebellar builds a powerful platform at the intersection of software and the built environment. Our system enables organizations to save money, run more efficient workplaces and operations, and measure progress against Net Zero and ESG climate objectives. If successful, we’ll transform how corporate buildings are designed, built, and operated – an outcome that could impact trillions of dollars in world GDP and ~40% of global carbon emissions.
We’re a small yet mighty team of individuals who value curiosity, collaboration, mutual trust, and hard work. If you’re looking to deliver innovative solutions that will be used by some of the world’s biggest and most noteworthy organizations, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
UX Design at Trebellar plays a central role in conducting user research, working closely with Product and Engineering counterparts, and defining the overall product design roadmap for the company.
What you'll do
As a Senior UX Designer, you will play a crucial role in our talented development team, working on complex projects and contributing to the success of our flagship products. As an early member of our growing team, you’ll:
- Lead the end-to-end design process, including user research, conceptualization, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gain insights into user behaviors, needs, and pain points, and use the findings to inform design decisions.
- Develop user personas, user journeys, and information architecture to guide the design process and ensure a seamless user experience.
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and interactions.
- Implement user-centered design principles, ensuring accessibility, usability, and consistency across different platforms and devices.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging design tools and techniques, and share knowledge within the design team.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior UX designers, fostering their growth and professional development.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates who possess a range of backgrounds and different experiences. Some of the functional qualifications we look for include:
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) working as a UX designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design process and the impact of your work.
- Expertise in user-centered design methodologies, information architecture, and interaction design principles.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar, with experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs.
- Strong understanding of user research techniques, including conducting interviews, usability testing, and gathering qualitative and quantitative data.
- Solid knowledge of web and mobile design standards and best practices, as well as responsive design principles.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile development environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts and decisions to stakeholders.
- Passion for creating exceptional user experiences, with a keen eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including equity participation
- Flexible vacation and time-off policies
- 401(k) employer matching contributions: 100% of first 3%, 50% of next 2%
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment, with a focus on innovation and professional growth
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and contribute to the development of industry-leading software solutions
- Continuous learning and development opportunities, including conferences, workshops, and training programs
- A supportive and inclusive culture that values diversity and promotes work-life balance
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all tasks or responsibilities that may be required.